5 Benefits to Remodeling Your Granger Bathroom
Looking for simple renovations that will give your home a face lift? Start with your bathroom, especially if you have pink tile and a baby blue toilet. Outdated bathrooms can stop potential buyers in their tracks. Even if you're not looking to sell, it's nice to feel like you're living in the current decade. Besides increasing the value of your home, the bathroom can be a place to get creative and have some fun. Here are five major benefits a bathroom re-do can offer:
1. Increase your home's value. According to HGTV.com, a minor bathroom remodel gives you a 102% return at resale. A minor remodel encompasses replacing the tub, tile surround, floor, toilet, sink, vanity, and fixtures, then perhaps finishing off the project with a fresh coat of paint on the walls. As you renovate, keep in mind the color and decorating trends of today and if those trends will have lasting value in the future.
2. Save money now. Replacing leaky faucets, adding aerators, and installing an on-demand water heater and a water-efficient toilet will save you big bucks on utility costs.
3. Become a more peaceful oasis. Performing your daily ablutions in a messy, unattractive space with old, substandard fixtures can be a source of stress. With a renovation, you can unwind in a claw-foot tub and dry off afterwards with heated towels. You can choose colors and textures that will help you relax and soothe stress away, taking you to your happy place.
4. Reduce clutter. Poorly designed bathrooms invite clutter, so when you renovate you can increase storage capacity with the smart designs available in today's cabinetry. You can finally find discreet homes for your towels, cleaners, toiletries, and medicines.
5. Become more eco-friendly. You can reclaim and repurpose an older porcelain sink, saving it from a landfill. Or you can buy new fixtures and materials from companies developing products that are energy-efficient, low-tox, biodegradable, and/or recyclable.
If you're planning to sell your home in the near future, remember that buyers tend to appreciate a well-designed, updated bathroom, but in reality, whether you are looking to sell the home or not, you will enjoy the updated fixtures, as well as add to your home's worth.